We were recently contacted by a York-based medical manufacturing company asking to have their friction press wheel relined. Due to the weight of the wheel, we collected it using our sister company’s haulage services – Custom Haulage.
After collection it was brought back to our workshop in Sheffield for a full strip down after which we completed the following:
- Sand blasting of the whole plate
- Removal of the worn friction linings
- Fitting of new CNC cut to suit from sample friction linings
- Fixing by thermal bonding and riveting procedure
- Oven baked then painted back to original colour
Once all this work was completed, we delivered the wheel back to York. The total turnaround time was four days, and this helped our customer avoid any costly production down time.